My mom had a heart attack and was then in rehab. She was…

Customer Question
My mom had a heart...
My mom had a heart attack and was then in rehab. She was released from rehab after 14 days with no transitional resources or information except brochures and promises that Kaiser would call in 48 hrs.
My mom came home and could not stand on her own and had no calls from Kaiser or visits from physical therapy for almost 60hrs. Since my mom was unable to stand and has no use of her left arm from a previous stroke, we had to hire outside help for transfer and restroom and bathing because my dad could not do it alone and even dropped her.
Finally, after depleting our savings to hire outside care and realizing Kaiser would only provide roughly 2 hrs per week of help, we knew that she needed to be back in rehab full time to get stronger, especially since her Kaiser coverage is 1-20 days free in rehab and 21-100 days at a $50 co pay!
Now Kaiser is resisting her transfer back to rehab. Even if they let her in, the whole process has caused her to regress in her strength and ability to walk again. I would like to get some insight and hire an attorney. We have already filed a grievance with Kaiser to be reimbursed for outside care, but now we may need to sue to get her into rehab and also for additional compensation.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/1/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us?
I just typed up a whole page. Didn't you see that?
What the hell am I paying for here?
Thank you for your replies.
I saw what you typed, but it does not have a question for us. I read about Kaiser and them denying your mom coverage for home care and you seeking reimbursement, but there is no question that you would like us to answer.
Do I have grounds for a lawsuit? This site is horrible. I am not paying $50 more to call you, so ridiculous.