How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just browsing over private club laws, I am a member of a

Customer Question

just browsing over private club laws
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am a member of a motorcycle club , we are building a clubhouse which will be "members only" wondering what steps we need to take to serve liquor without a license.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What state are you in? City?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
st. louis , mo
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
While MO and St. Louis have very liberal liquor laws, you would still need a liquor license for your premises unless members are bringing in their own alcohol and serving themselves. If you are serving alcohol, even as a private club, you would need to apply for a liquor license as a private club and that would be all that is required.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does Missouri have liquor licenses for members only clubs??
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, MO has a private club liquor license that allows you to serve and sell alcohol on premises.