How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42295
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to file civil suit against a town in Oklahoma mental

Customer Question

how to file civil suit against a town in Oklahoma mental stress caused by town sewer line backing up into my house causing About ten thousand in damages?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

I am so sorry you have had to got through all of this.It is certainly possible to sue the town for damages including mental anguish if the town was negligent or grossly negligent.

You would have lawyer file a demand letter and then a civil suit if necessary.

You need a civil litigation lawyer , you can locate one here.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Negligence laws.

You can also contact the town and ask about filing a damage claim, they are likely self insured and self adjust.You would submit a claim for damages for all your harms including mental anguish.You may need some estimates to clean and restore your house.

I very much appreciate the chance to help you today.If you get me the town I will get you contact information.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.Take care now.