I own a small mechanic workshop. only one employee and me. I…

Customer Question
i own a small mechanic...
i own a small mechanic workshop. only one employee and me.
I have a commercial insurance policy with Nation Wide for years. Never file a claim before.
I fall on the stairs on January 20th, 2016 coming down from my office upstairs to the working area downstairs, and i fractured my right hand. I have not been able to work, and my income has decreced. I called last week Nation Wide to file a claim for medical expenses, and they said that since i am the owner, i have not coverage at all. But i am here the manager, i work at least 16 hours a day, i have different jobs in here. I am manager, mechanic, drive cars for test them before and after repairs, service adviser, etc. So i can not believe that no even medical expenses covers me in this policy. so i want a lawyer to tell me if what they are saying is right or no, and what can i do if there is something to do. I have a hard copy and electronic copy of the policy if need it.
Thank You
Hector E Vargas
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/1/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Whether or not you are covered depends on the wording of the policy itself, so we would need you to upload a link to the policy for us to look at. Also, if you had an agent and can show you were supposed to have coverage and you do not, you may have to sue the agent under their errors and omissions policy for them not properly providing coverage if they failed to provide it.
Please upload the link so we can see if the insurer is correct in that you as owner are not covered under the policy.
Tina, Lawyer