My mom needed a knee replacement, prior to the surgery she…

Customer Question
my mom needed a knee...
my mom needed a knee replacement, prior to the surgery she appointed me DPOA, she failed to recover after surgery. We then learnt that she has stage 4 lung cancer and lessions on her brain and never should have been a candidate for any type of surgery. Mother expressed the wish to die at home. We had already as a family never left her alone thus 24 hour care. We have hospice help approx. 3 hrs. a week and even with a daily phone call Solano county medical IHSS has not returned any phone calls or correspondence. A letter is drafted to the land lord because we have surpassed the 14 day visitor rule. The request is that the DPOA, be added to the lease/rental agreement as a resident with full rights, and in addition be added as a reasonable accommodation for the established tenant with a certified check for $1000 to serve an additional security deposit. Also note my mother is on section 8 and they were issued copies. that was 1/27/2016 my mother died 2/4/2016 I spoke to the land lord 2/5 The land lord acknowledged getting the letter and the deposit, I asked th redmain in the apartment as jndincazted in the letter snce I gave up all to help mom .we agreed to finalize after the funeral. on 2/29 there is a note on the door that they could not remember the phone number that my mom has had for the last 24 years and to call them. The land ,ord said they had cashed the check fo 1000 but they were going to give the apt. to their brother
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/1/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry to hear about your mom. What is your question for us in this matter? Were you added to the lease? Did the landlord agree in writing to allow you to remain in the premises beyond the time your mom was there?