My husband took my 4 year old son and s blind brother to…

Customer Question
My husband took my 4...
My husband took my 4 year old son and his blind brother to Chuck E cheese, when my brother in law was going to sit down one of the stands that they place at the tables went completely through his eye and ruptured it, are they (Chuck E cheese) responsible for at least the medical expenses?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/1/2016
Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

When you're saying that your brother in law was going to sit at one of the stands that they place at the tables, could you please clarify for me if that is a chair? Do people normally sit on those stands?

What part is the part that went completely through his eye?

the tables at the establishment have benches, the stand is not where people sit, it is one of those metal things they use so that you can put your number and get your food brought to your table was on the table. At the top of the stand there is a round circle and that's what went through his eye.

I have a better idea of what happened now, but I still have some questions.

How did the stand go through his eye? Did he lose his balance? Was there something wrong with the seating? Was the floor wet with a substance he may have slipped on?

Did the employee place the stand on the table?

Basically, was there anything that happened that would attribute blame for this to Chuck E Cheese?

the stands are always there on the tables, normally they aren't on the edge of the table but this time it was. He was bending over to sit down when it happened.

It sounds like you would have a valid cause of action against Chuck E Cheese for that and they would be responsible for paying more than just your medical bills.

It sounds like you have a potential cause of action for negligence here. Along with the hospital bills and any other bills incurred, you could potentially recover pain and suffering damages as well as damages for permanent loss of the eye.

I would consult a personal injury attorney in Virginia regarding this matter.