Judith & *** would put an offer on ***, My Question My

Customer Question
Judith & Henry *** would...
Judith & Henry *** would put an offer on ***, My Question
My husband owned our present house before we married so it is in his name only. I am happy with this!
We keep our finances separate; and share life’s expenses in a ratio that works well for us.
As we both have monies left from our first marriages, we each want to leave our own money and property to our respective children. Our wills have these caveats written in them.
My husband has willed what ever house we own, at his death, to his Nephew Allen ***.
My concern is as I must sign the loan and mortgage; should my husband die before me (Judith) would I be responsible the disposition of the house.?
I don’t want to be in any way responsible. I will just want to go my own way.
Judith ***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
3/1/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Ma'am, I want to make sure I understand the question

You are planning to take out a mortgage on his property (in his name alone)?

And you are signing for the loan?

Is that correct?

Tina, Lawyer