How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16369
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Releasing custody of our Daughter wife has pressed 2

Customer Question

Releasing custody of our Daughter wife has pressed 2 Domestic Violence 2's against me & taken out 4 year old out of State...can I easily release interest...cuz were Both Addicts...& I can't handle being away from our Daughter while I try & keep it together...knowing my Wife IS out of conttol
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there -


I am a little bit unclear about what question it is that you have for us on this custody issue? If you want to release any right and interest that you have in your daughter you are legally permitted to do that an. However, the child support enforcement department can still pursue you for child support payments for your daughter unless your daughter is fully adopted by another person who will be her father (for example, your ex remarries and her new husband wants to adopt your daughter). If your daughter is currently in foster care and placed with a family, there is a possibility that the people who are foster parents may be interested in adopting your daughter or there may be other families interested as well in adoption. If that happens then the state of Washington might hold a court hearing to terminate the parental rights of both yourself and your estranged wife and if that is the case, you will be asked to sign a full release of your parental rights to the state (and if the state does take custody permanently to put her up for adoption in this matter, you will not be asked to pay child support on a going forth basis but you will also never be permitted to see her or interact with her again).


I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above this box to pay me for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right of the ratings section. Pressing a positive rating will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time assisting you today. THANK YOU VERY MUCH