Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Our bank agreed to months that we can pay 200 dollars while

Customer Question

Our bank agreed to for 6 months that we can pay 200 dollars while we get back on our feet. Yet today they just repoed the vehicle. With no letters or calls about anything and we've kept up with the 200 dollar payment. So why did they take it.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Was this agreement in writing between you and the bank?

.

Did you actually make any of the $200 payments to them with them accepting them?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was an agreement with the bank and yes we have been doing the payments of 200 a moth for 2 months and still have four months the to go.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if they gave you this agreement in writing, then it would be legally binding, and they are the ones in breach if they repoed the car and you have made all the $200 payments on time..

.

With that said, I can only opine that their legal dept wasn't notified about the agreement and told the repo guy to come out and pick it up.

.

So your recourse is to contact the bank with a copy of the agreement and threaten to sue them for breach of contract if they don't put you back in possession of the vehicle. If they refuse, you immediately file suit against them for breach of contract.

.

.

thanks