I loaned my grandson and s friend 5,000 to be paid December…

Customer Question
I loaned my grandson and...
I loaned my grandson and his friend 5,000 to be paid December 31 2015 .to start a business I found out the friend spent all the money.so I called the friend asked him about the loan .we had legal papers drawn up signed by us and notorized. when I called up the friend to ask what was going on he told me to f off it wasn't any of my business and there wasn't anything I can do about it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/29/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

You can sue them in small claims court, where the jurisdictional limit is $5000. Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court.

The clerk of the court will have the necessary forms for you to fill out.

Are you online with me?

Tina, Lawyer