How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I loaned my grandson and s friend 5,000 to be paid December

Customer Question

I loaned my grandson and his friend 5,000 to be paid December 31 2015 .to start a business I found out the friend spent all the I called the friend asked him about the loan .we had legal papers drawn up signed by us and notorized. when I called up the friend to ask what was going on he told me to f off it wasn't any of my business and there wasn't anything I can do about it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

You can sue them in small claims court, where the jurisdictional limit is $5000. Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court.

The clerk of the court will have the necessary forms for you to fill out.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?