I went to an automatic car wash and it knocked both of my…

Customer Question
I went to an...

I went to an automatic car wash and it knocked both of my rearview mirrors off the owner was there when it happened and now he don

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

What more information do you need

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?

The owner was on site when it happened he gave me his number I called him 3 times and left messages and he hasn't responded it happened on this past Saturday

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/29/2016
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

is the owner responsible for the damage
Lawyer: RONB-ESQ, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Typically the car wash would be responsible for the damage in that they have an implied warranty under your contract (agreement) to not damage the vehicle. If they have bold and conspicuous signs stating they are not responsible for this type damage then they may be able to rely on that if you could see it when you signed up for the wash. On the receipt you received there is also typically a disclaimer, but since most customers would not see this until it is to late it could be argued that this is not effective notice.

Was there some kind of notice posted near the entrance related to the owner saying that you assume the risk?

PS I will be logging off at 10:00 PM CST tonight, but should be available after 1:00 PM CST tomorrow.

I am still waiting for your response so I can answer your question. The next time you are online if you could answer my question about any notice then I can provide a better answer.

RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer