How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cerecita Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 21417
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Cerecita is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My traveling guest has a valid and current Califorina

Customer Question

My traveling guest has a valid and current Califorina Drivers License but it has the phrase "federal limits apply". Would that cause her problems at the TSA check point to fly from Los Angeles, Ca. to Honolulu, Hawaii and return back from Honolulu, Hawaii to Los Angeles, California.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question.

From your description, it sounds like your traveling guest may have an AB 60 driver's license. Not all TSA security screeners accept this as a valid form of identification. If your friend has a valid passport, that might be a better form of identification that will definitely be accepted. Here is more information from:

Scroll down to: "Can I use an AB 60 license to board an airplane?"

"We recommend NOT using an AB 60 license to board an airplane. There are two risks. First, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is a federal agency and might not accept it. The TSA has been inconsistent regarding the acceptance of AB 60 licenses (or similar licenses from other states). Second, and more importantly, TSA officials could use the license as a basis to stop someone, question that person, and ultimately refer the person to Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE). AB 60 does not protect against discrimination by TSA officials, and the concern is that TSA agents may use an AB 60 license to flag people and refer them to ICE. If a person needs to fly, she should use other identity documents, such as an unexpired passport, and be aware that TSA engages in immigration enforcement."


I hope this helps.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue at no additional cost.

Warmest regards,