Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I'm bob,my question is I just bought a used truck.from a

Customer Question

I'm bob,my question is I just bought a used truck.from a dealer one month and two weeks ago.the truck passed inspection but five days later the check engine light came on and the truck is at the shop.i want out of this auto loan this truck is a problem.i bought as is and no warranty was available for this truck.i don't want to be stuck with a 275 month loan if this truck isn't running.know saying all that when I registered the truck I found out my date of birth is not correct on the bill of sale or the contract on the loan .is this something I can use to get out of this contract
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The paper work says I was born 1938 when I was born in1967.i want to know if this issue can knull and void the auto loan
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I only see one question in your facts "The paper work says I was born 1938 when I was born in1967.i want to know if this issue can knull and void the auto loan".

Is this the only question you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

No, the messed up birth date will not give you a reason to void the contract.

In order to provide a reason to void the contract you have to show that there was a mistake as to a material fact that somehow caused a disadvantage to you. A mistake s to a birth date wouldn't meet those requirements.

Just as an aside, you may want to have the mechanic look to see if the problems with the engine were somehow hidden. One of the ways to get around an "as is" sale is if a condition was purposely hidden somehow. As an example of what I mean by this, twenty or more years ago some used car dealers would hide cracked engine blocks by using JB Weld to cover them up knowing that when the vehicle heated and cooled a few times the JB Weld would no longer hold and the block would start leaking. However, it would work long enough to make the sale.