How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need lawyer to represent me in small claims court. $500

Customer Question

Need lawyer to represent me in small claims court. $500 claim, so cost must be low
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid state law forbids anyone from this site from representing any customer of the site. Furthermore, attorneys charge $250 per hour, it is unlikely you will find any attorney to handle a $500 case and also attorneys do not take cases in small claims. The whole purpose of small claims is it is the "people's court" where there are no attorneys used. Sorry, but you will not get an attorney for this type of case for only a $500 claim unless you are willing to pay their hourly rates.