Im living in an apartment now months my ex boyfriend leased…

Customer Question
Im living in an apartment...
Im living in an apartment now for 3 months my ex boyfriend leased for me in his name. my name is ***** ***** the lease but iam listed as an occupant and i was there at the lease sighning. My ex boyfriend now wants to kick me out of the apartment due to the fact his wife found out he was having an affair.They have hired a lawyer who told me i was staying there illegally but his clients were willing to make me an offer. I understand Iam not living there illegally and was curious if his lawyer was even able to try scaring me with that, being full aware it wasnt true. Since then i have recieved 3 counter offers from them but im not sure what my rights are and what would be worth excepting or even if i should ask refuse offerd and ask for me, and would it be in my best intrest to hight a lawyer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/29/2016
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Are you currently paying the monthly rent payment?

What is being offered to you by the ex?