How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im living in an apartment now months my ex boyfriend leased

Customer Question

Im living in an apartment now for 3 months my ex boyfriend leased for me in his name. my name is ***** ***** the lease but iam listed as an occupant and i was there at the lease sighning. My ex boyfriend now wants to kick me out of the apartment due to the fact his wife found out he was having an affair.They have hired a lawyer who told me i was staying there illegally but his clients were willing to make me an offer. I understand Iam not living there illegally and was curious if his lawyer was even able to try scaring me with that, being full aware it wasnt true. Since then i have recieved 3 counter offers from them but im not sure what my rights are and what would be worth excepting or even if i should ask refuse offerd and ask for me, and would it be in my best intrest to hight a lawyer
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Are you currently paying the monthly rent payment?

What is being offered to you by the ex?