How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16630
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a PFS in someone and have filed a complaint violating

Customer Question

I have a PFS in someone and have filed a complaint for him violating it. That was Jan. 5 2016. As of 2 days ago nothing had been done. It's still in review. What is my next stepb and is this normal too take this long?
Submitted: 1 year ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Did you file complaint / report with the police?

Please clarify.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have. I have 1600 pictures of text messages and they have some nothing
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you follow up with the police to determine the status of their investigation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have contacted the original officer 5 times. The last time I got no response. I have contacted the district attorney three times and all they tell me is that it's still in review. Stalker showed up here. I had no phone to call police. Cops were informed that he had been here. And he still hasn't been arrested although they know where he is.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, generally police does conduct criminal investigations and sometimes such investigations can take some time and if police is not providing the crime victim with an update of the case, then it would be a good idea to contact police chief and address the situation with the chief of police.

Also, district attorney does have prosecutorial discretion when it comes to filing of criminal charges and in some cases the district attorney will not file criminal charges or issue an arrest warrant, until all the evidence related tot the alleged crime are properly reviewed and a decision is made to pursue criminal charges against the alleged criminal.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is sufficent evidence. He contacted my husband and myself through text messages a blatant violation if the restraining order. I got 7 while I was filling out the complaint. So your telling me that my husband and I just have to put up with 150-200 text a day? Where he is vulgar. Says mean things calls us named and basically threatens to rape me. Also talks about leaving burn marks on my body. And the day i filed the complaint the officer took ouctures of the text messages. You cant get anymore cut and dried then that. There shouldn't be any doubt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who do i complain to about the district attorney and how long this is taking. He should be in jail.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

As I have previously clearly stated, I cannot comment on your specific case or tell you what to do, but this website scope is limited to general legal answers.

Generally, police or District Attorney cannot be forced to make an arrest or pursue criminal charges and generally, the only option is to contact Chief of Police and also District Attorney and if that fails, then Office of Kansas Attorney General can be contacted (Attorney General Office has oversight over District Attorney's Office).

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.