I own a small business and some vendor came to our store he…

Customer Question
I own a small business...
I own a small business and some vendor came to our store he sold some products. Few products was bad and customer return it and they got damage. I called the vendor and told him that I have to return two item because they are bad. Please can you return this items and give me a money back but he said no.then he offer me less money but I say no because your item not good. Total amount is $1600.00 and this vendor lives in state of GA. and we live in state of KY.but he came to our place and he cashed the check here too. We did not sing any contract no return policy. He give us just regular invoice and he does not have his company name. I know he can't say that he did not sold to us this products because we exchange the tax megs. about the products. Please can you tell me how we can sue them. Or you can help me and charge him the money. We have all the evidence and 100% we will won this case.
Thank you
Alok Sharma (###) ###-####***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
I save all text megs. and pics. that damage customers eyes and my wife eys got damage too. He sold content lances and some jewls.
2/28/2016
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

You can sue the defendant in KY small claims court (even though the defendant lives in GA, the transaction occurred in KY, so the KY court can exercise jurisdiction).

You can sue in small claims court without needing a lawyer, and the process is simplified.

You will however want to hire a process server to actually serve the summons and complaint on the defendant (this is true for all litigation, but especially true if you need help with doing a "skip trace" (locating the defendant), or performing an out of state serve). You can find process servers by contacting your local bar association and asking for referrals.

For help with your small claims case, see: http://courts.ky.gov/resources/publicationsresources/Publications/P6SmallClaimsHandbookweb.pdf

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney