I am writing again regarding this case so we received a

Customer Question
helloi am writing again regarding...
helloi am writing again regarding this case
http://my.justanswer.com/question/index/c8a1f7cd86a6466d9caf0f5b1254e10b?continueTheConversation=False&comingFromAdservEmail=False&ratedThroughEmail=False&rating=0&fromPayPal=Falseso we received a letter form the bank attorney offering a settlement, basically paying the whole amount ( more than $24,000) on 10, 15 or 30 years, plus his fees which topped another $5000my question is : can we reduce this amount by any means? either directly negotiating or hiring another attorney?thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/27/2016
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

Good afternoon. You can negotiate with the bank attorney, but you may need an attorney to handle the negotiations, they would give you better terms with an attorney.

have you handled such cases before? i mean how much the attorney can bring the d amount down. thanks

Good evening. I have worked on cases similar to yours and a reduction in the $24,000 amount is possible, which saves interst you would pay to the bank over the 10, 15 or 20 years. It will be very hard to get the attorney to waive the legal fees though. A local attorney who has a real estate practice would be your best option. You should try and negotiate with him first, and then if he won't budge, consider the attorney.