I am currently involved in an appeal court case with my

Customer Question
mortgage company in South Carolina...
I am currently involved in an appeal court case with my mortgage company in South Carolina we are at the point where we are filing the DOM and ROA for some reason the other side lawyer is asking me to supplement my DOM to reflect the same things that she has on hers I have submitted my DOM already and as for as i am concerned that is all I wish to list and reference for the ROA am i missing something do our DOM have to match before we submit our Final brief i cant find that it has to in the rules anywhere ?????? and also the rule states that the Final has to be the same as the Initial Brief except referencing the ROA I have also submitted a reply brief to Respondent's brief can you explain what the judges or judges will review???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 day by:
2/29/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Your designation of the matter can be different than opposing party if you have differing opinions. So they do not have to necessarily be the same if you are arguing different issues. The appeals court looks at your arguments as to the issues of error that you cite as your reasons for the appeal and they will look at the record on appeal from the lower court. They will not look at any new evidence or anything that was not raised in the lower court during the initial case.