My kindle is locked and it shows a message "contact…

Customer Question
my kindle is locked and...
my kindle is locked and it shows a message "contact Window Live Technicians at 1(###) ###-####quot; When i call im told to leave a message.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/27/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you .

If you have been accessing the internet over the kindle you likely have a virus and this is a scam.I would strongly urge you to take it to local pc repair shop, Best Buy here also has one and have them run a virus scan.This certainly sounds like this is the problem here even though it references Windows, its a common scam.

Reference

http://www.kadansky.com/files/newsletters/2015/2015_08_31.html

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago

This is sometimes called malware, its the same thing.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=121564.0

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago

definitely a scam, here is more information including where to report.You will need to have this malware virus removed here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning/would-i-get-a-valid-message-to-call-windows/246cdecc-85f7-4226-8eab-3d0f4372f84b?auth=1

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again for allowing me to do so.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago