How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RONB-ESQ Your Own Question
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 357
Experience:  Right of Way Manager at Access Midstream Partners, LP
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RONB-ESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a loan from the dept of education business, total

Customer Question

I received a loan from the dept of education for ATI business,
total $6,630.00 now with interest $8,344.53 Fed Loan is requesting payment-
I gave them all the school records, filled out various waiver forms for 4 years already,
they will not waive fees.
attended 01/06/11-11/02/11, the program I was enrolled in,
closed then the school withdrew me,
then the school closed 12/13/12.
now, I received a collection letter from Mountain Lion Acquisitions for $3,328.52 Regarding ATI school loan
how can I pay for a degree I never received?
besides, they should never have given me loans without a GED and my GPA is 0.3750;
ATI school said they had GED program in there for me, when I applied for the loan, and when I got to the school, they said they did not have a GED class.
I received the paperwork from the Dept of Florida Education showing I do not have a GED and my GPA
how can I get these loans waived? I have tried for 4 years.
William Clymer cell#(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Have you already been to this site? I know the Federal Goverment can step in an discharge these loans when it was a so called "fake" school just to make money off students, etc. Look at this and tell me if you have been here yet. if I am just providing you information you already have then let me know and i will opt out for other attorneys to answer.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I have not gone into that website- but I will try that one-
if they cannot help, can I contact you back with their answer if not satisfied with them?
thanks Ron
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Sure even after leaving positive feedback you can reply as many times as needed for free. Sorry I stepped away to go to dinner with my wife and forgot to give you a heads up. I am back around the computer if you need anything just reply here.

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

In case I forget to tell you I will be online until about 10:00 PM CST and should be back online around 1:00 PM CST tomorrow. Do note that you can reply here and if I am offline will respond when I get back online tomorrow.

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to check in with you and confirm that you did not have any further follow up questions for me from the answers I provided to you on the 26th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not received a rating. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can go directly to my page for future questions by going here:

Regards, Ron

Related Legal Questions