How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31675
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I smashed my arm and leg in my car door trying to escape

Customer Question

I smashed my arm and leg in my car door trying to escape flooding insurance company paid my medical bills, but do they also have to pay for my missed days from work and pain and suffering?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Unless your insurance policy provides coverage for lost wages and pain and suffering, it would not. Generally, insurance policies do not cover these sorts of costs / claims.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If you have supplemental insurance -- such as Aflac -- then you would have coverage for lost work, etc. Otherwise, the insurance company is likely only to pay the medical bills and property damage only.