Help please

Customer Question
help please
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/25/2016
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you can tell me what state you are in, what your legal question is, and any supporting details or facts about your situation, I will try to help.

.

.

thanks

it is a child issue dss too the kids from school no notice to me but their mother has failed drug tests and always calls around 9 pm but didn't tonight first time ever
took I apologize

Ok, I am having a little trouble understanding your comments.. I understand that DSS took custody of the children for some reason... possibly due to mother's failed drug tests..

.

Is the mother living with you? Are you the father?

.

Have you contacted DSS about this matter to see if they would release the children to you?

.

What is your legal question that I can help with tonight?

.

.

thanks

no mom does not live with me there has been multiple abuse cases on their mother for neglect and abuse go to the ncdoc website and look up her new boyfriend and everytime he did something foolish they would investigate me and because I cussed the social worker who I can prove is biased they took the kids

Ok, thank you for that information... I am still not sure what your legal question is that I can help with? The way this works is a customer posts a legal question along with the facts and details about their situation and then the expert works with them to get an answer to their question...

.

.

thanks

what do I need to do to get my children back?

If they have been taken by DSS, then you need to first contact them to see if they would voluntarily release the children to you rather than having them placed in foster care. If not, then you will have to retain a family law attorney to file a formal petition in court asking a judge to order DSS to return physical and legal custody to you. The attorney might be able to get an emergency temporary custodial order through the court where the judge orders DSS to return the children to you temporarily pending the formal determination of where they should go permanently.

.

But if DSS won't work with you about custody, then you are going to have to get a family law attorney involved to have a chance of getting custody.

.

.

thanks

thank you boss

You are very welcome. Glad to help any time..

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.

thanks much

Barrister, Attorney