A few minutes ago I received a call from Attorney

Customer Question
***** *****(###) ###-#### ***** claimed...
A few minutes ago I received a call from Attorney ***** *****(###) ###-#### ***** claimed I was to receive a certified check cut in the Bank of Manhattan. It was to be for a prize of $450,000 from a group of companies, one of which was Kellogg.He quoted a Documentation Bond of $2,950 to make it legal. I was to contact Agent ***** *****burg at(###) ###-####at the DCRA AND REGISTER THE CASE NUMBER ***** the Department of
Consumers. The check is to by a Brinks Armored vehicle to my home. IS THIS DEALING ONE OF FRAUD? IT REMINDS ME OF SOME OTHER CASES THAT I HEARD OF/
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/24/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
Indeed this is a scam. Allow me to point out the red flags:
1) If you do not remember entering, how could you win?
2) Kellogg does not have any type of sweepstakes or lottos. The scammer is simply using the name of that company to make you "at ease" because it sounds more believable.
3) You never need to pay ANYTHING to collect on a real prize. This is a scam - they will first ask for bond money, and then more, and more, and will have different claims for needing more money. You will never get the prize.
4) Even if they give you a "check," that check will be fake.
See here:
https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/unexpected-winnings/unexpected-prize-lottery-scams
Block their numbers and do not call them back.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!