How do I go about finding a lawyer to draw up a Demand

Customer Question
Payment letter for me?...
How do I go about finding a lawyer to draw up a Demand Payment letter for me? I planned a vacation for an ex-boyfriend and I for this April. He broke up with me and promised to pay for the trip. I have his promise to pay in a text message on my smart phone. I want to ensure he pays me back and want an attorney to send him a Demand Payment letter so that he knows I expect him to follow through on paying me back. How can I find an attorney to draw up this letter for me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/24/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

May I recommend the Ohio Bar referral program by county - HERE. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.

A letter like this will normally run about $150.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Ok. Not worth the money, but ok.

I am sorry, but you asked how to find an attorney and I provided a way how to do so. If you have additional questions such as "what are good questions to ask my attorney to make sure I find the right one," etc - or whatever follow ups you may have - feel free to ask.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.