Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I live in Louisiana someone call from a legal service

Customer Question

I live in Louisiana someone call from a legal service department about debt I owed back in 2004.she said I sign a contract that last 15 year,what is the statue of limtation
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

What was the debt for?

.

Do you remember the debt?

.

If so, when was the last time you made a payment?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pay day loan, I took sick so I never made payment back in 2004
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was about 300.00
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then this is a scam... We see this a couple dozen times a week here on the site.. The scammers have hacked payday lender's computers and gotten lists of people who took out loans long ago. Then they contact them and threaten to file criminal charges for theft or check fraud or sue them civilly if they don't pay up.

.

So even if this was legitimate, the statute of limitations in LA is 10 years for a breach of contract claim so it would have expired in 2014.

,

With that said, you can tell them to go jump off a cliff..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not sure but I thought so thanks you, and I will tell them to do just that, B Blessed
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome. Glad to help any time..

.

All the best to you and yours.