I signed an agreement to pay my ex wife's health insurance.

Customer Question
I signed an agreement to...
I signed an agreement to pay my ex wife's health insurance .
Now she remarried.
Can I legally stop paying the health insurance?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/23/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You really need to do a motion to modify the decree/settlement and seek court ordered approval.The court likely would concur and amend the orders.If you just quit paying technically you are in contempt.You need to file such a motion where divorce was entered and seek modification.Again the judge would probably agree and modify this order.There doesn't seem to be a need for it since she remarried.Getting the orders changed here is the dafe way to avoid any claim you are in contempt.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago

If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.