How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41521
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed an agreement to pay my ex wife's health insurance.

Customer Question

I signed an agreement to pay my ex wife's health insurance .
Now she remarried.
Can I legally stop paying the health insurance?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You really need to do a motion to modify the decree/settlement and seek court ordered approval.The court likely would concur and amend the orders.If you just quit paying technically you are in contempt.You need to file such a motion where divorce was entered and seek modification.Again the judge would probably agree and modify this order.There doesn't seem to be a need for it since she remarried.Getting the orders changed here is the dafe way to avoid any claim you are in contempt.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.