I'm being evicted from my apartment. I have the flu. A writ…

Customer Question
I'm being evicted from...

I'm being evicted from my apartment. I have the flu. A writ of possession will be filed tomorrow. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

What do you need?

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me your email address, in case we get disconnected.

Customer:***@******.***

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Are you ready to speak with the Lawyer now?

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/23/2016
Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What do you mean the WOP will be filed tomorrow? Has there already been a WOP hearing? You need to go to the hearing and ask the judge to give you time to move out.

If the WOP was already issued and given to the sheriff, there is not much you can do as the time to contest it would be at the WOP hearing.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

I can go to the writ of possession hearing to ask for more time? The writ has not been issued. The management told me they can file it tomorrow and a writ will be issued.

Yes, you can. You need to have a valid reason to object to the judge issuing the writ though. You can tell the judge you simply need another 20 days to get your affairs in order. Typically, the judges will allow it.