How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118635
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked brother without pay was mislead that i was a

Customer Question

I worked for my brother for 7months without pay was mislead that i was a partner and my name was on bank account, when infact it was no. i was supposedly working to pay my part of the business off then had the cops called on me for stealing a truck that he was letting me drive. how do i take care of this matter
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can file a complaint with the UT Wage and Hour Claim Unit ( If they cannot handle your complaint, then you can sue him under the Fair Labor Standards Act for failure to pay wages and you can sue for up to 3 times wages due and attorney's fees as well.
So your next stop is the complaint to the wage claim unit, if they cannot handle, your last option is to file sue.