How do i have to file an appeal, i had a suit possession and…

Customer Question
how long do i have...
how long do i have to file an appeal , i had a suit for adverse possession and my lawyer didn;t fight for me at all,, i lived in home for 27 years took care of as my own, of course i lost, now i have a case for money i have invested in 27 years, owner died, daughter sold, i figure i will loose that case also so how long can i appeal the original case
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/23/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

This depends...did the case end? And if so how? Was it from a preliminary ruling from the judge (like a summary judgment)? Or did it go to trial?

as far as the adverse possession , the judge sided in his favor, the only thing my lawyer said, "was if you are going to evict her , can you make it after the holidays" no argument of my living there and treating place as my own or anything. the owner died, she was the president of the board of realtors, her friend sold her daughters house and sold mine to same guy for 20.000 . my lawyer did file a claim for cost of improvements i had put into home, but for a year now it has been postponed , then conveniently my lawyer withdrew. I am to appear tomorrow for that case.

Thanks

The rule is 30 days..that is, you have 30 days from the judgment to file the notice of appeal.

That starts from the day the notice of entry of a Final Judgment is noted in the Chronological Case Summary.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Follow up

I know you had the chance to review the answer. Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.