Can an employer use your full name and personal details on…

Customer Question
Can an employer use your...
Can an employer use your full name and personal details on their website without permission? As in employee profiles designed to demonstrate the level of experience and diversity in the company? Full name, pets names, city and state of residence etc....
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/22/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
As long as you are an employee, you are subject to the demands of the employer, so they can use your names and profile on their website for their business. They must remove it when you are no longer employed. The information they are disclosing is not protected under any privacy laws, so it is not unlawful for them to use it on their websites or in their advertising for their business as long as you are their employee. Once you are no longer an employee who is paid to work there (thus you receive renumeration for them using the information) then they cannot use your personal information for their commercial gain.