How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34996
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Forged title of my father's vehicle by my sister whothen

Customer Question

Forged title of my father's vehicle by my sister whothen sold it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My father was in a rehab center on the date she claimed he signed title over to her. (9-16-2015) He died on 9-22-15. I obtained the paperwork used to effect the transfer of title and the signature there is not my father's. I also have obtained his signature on his Deed of Trust and it is clearly nor my father's signature. She did her paperwork turn in in Houston on 10-20-15. We are in probate proceeding and she has done away with property that is part of the estate.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know how to go about filing forgery/fraud charges! I'm in Round Rock and was told that since the App for Title was turned in in Houston that's where I'd need to file charges. Can you advise how to do that?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Tell me, does your sister live in Houston?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she does.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. That will be jurisdiction then. That is, if she lives in Houston and the crime was committed in Houston? That will be the police agency that would investigate and prosecute this crime.

So you can report this crime to the police department in Houston and request they investigate and prosecute.

Now, it is important to understand the police have discretion; they are not required to investigate and prosecute any particular report of misconduct.

So it may be the police refuse to take the case; they may tell you that you can sue her in civil court.

You mentioned probate; the executor of the estate in probate could sue her, in civil court, to recover for the fraud she has committed.

Please let me know if you have more questions. Happy to help if I can.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Follow up

Please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.