Before I do that, I want to know if we need the congregation…

Customer Question
Before I do that, I...
Before I do that, I want to know if we need the congregation to take a vote as states in Robert's Rule, or can the board dismiss him if they have a majority?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/22/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you today.

The safe play is to have the board have the congregation vote on this, assuming board votes in favor, the vote for the church should be scheduled as soon as you can do so.Having the members vote here avoids any claims of favoritism or not following the majority of the members. It really is the proper way to resolve this matter based on the outcome of the membership vote. As it affects everyone it really needs to be voted on by membership here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and good luck here.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago

If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.