I want to get a divorce in PA but I can't afford a

Customer Question
lawyer . So I have...
I want to get a divorce in PA but I can't afford a lawyer . So I have the paperwork now what should I do . We have no children and no assets it's a simple divorce . HELp me because I think he may contest it. We have been separated for a year now.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/22/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What do you mean, "what should I do?" Is there any spousal abuse involved?
there was an I got a PFA on him then he said he would change . He is an alcoholic has been incarcerated for 2 DUI'S . He has been harassing me by text and I deleted him. I just want him out of my life so I can move on .
Thank you for your reply.
I understand. So while I do not know what your specific question is still, as you did not tell me, I can tell you that if spousal abuse is involved, you can and should get an attorney from your local legal aid office. Legal aid will help represent a person in a divorce only in cases where there is domestic violence or spousal abuse and if you cannot afford an attorney, then legal aid is how you can get one.
If not, you need to fill out the forms you have and get them filed as soon as possible, but you did not ask any specific questions about that so I do not know what you wanted to know about that part.