CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

We had a garage fire that burned everything to a crisp

Customer Question

Nothing left but frames of go cart, 0 turn lawn mower ext... blew windows out of garage before fire dept got there. Flames came into house and lots of smoke. Fire was 1/3/2015. Between fighting with insurance Co and our 1st contractor we still have lots of work that's finally being done.insurance company is making us live in house with smoke smell even though we have coverage to live elsewhere. I think we need an attorney. We live in suffolk virginia. I don't know where to start looking for one that knows how to handle insurance company's and my first contractor. Please help the smoke also got in out heat and air system and all our insulation in attic, in between first and second floor and under house
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this matter.

While the specialist that you would look for to fight an insurance carrier on a failure to compensate you under the terms of your policy is a found under a sub-specialty known as "Bad Faith Litigation", you are probably going to be best served by a general "Civil Litigation Attorney."

You can find local civil litigation attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).