How do I go about getting credit service during a notch

Customer Question
How do I go about...
How do I go about getting credit for military service during a notch period. I was in the Navy from16 July 1946-to 15 April 1948. I think notch is correct but it was a period referred to as that or something similar.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/22/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...I do not understand your question. What is it you are trying to accomplish? You want to know the process to request a correction to your record?

This service time would give me that much more time to apply to my years acquiring social security credits when calculating my benefits. I understand that the longer the period of time you were employed the greater your benefit. This so called "notch" period did not add in time for those of us in the military. Congress recently passed legislation correcting this to allow us to request that this time be recognized. The cut-off date is April 30 which I am trying to meet.

Thank you
So what is it you want to know today?

Are you asking how to request a copy of your military records?

No. I don't believe I can ask the right questions or you can't understand what I require, therefore I want to just terminate this session. Perhaps I can do better elsewhere. Please refund my deposit. Thank You anyhow.