Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My union did not mail my w2 until feb 19, recieved it today.

Customer Question

my union did not mail my w2 until feb 19, recieved it today. filed my taxes feb 17, i forgot about 1 day of union work so the money is minimal but will need to go back to my tax preparer. the union is at fault for mailing it late. appears other officers got theirs on time.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: i was a steward for five years and on bargaining committee. i had a heart attack june 2014 and again feb 2015 i retired july 2015 (iresigned my union position in june 2015) at 63-early retirement last day worked was aug 13 2015. called union president for answers, he seemed not that concerned, called steward that took my place seemed attentive and concerned, she said she would check. if i don't get an answer by monday i'm calling the irs, because i'll have to amend my return with my tax preparer. if everyone else got their w2 on time why not me.....was it intentual? they need thier hiney spanked, i'm pissed, i'm a heart patiant, and i shouldn't have to deal with this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

What is your specific question?