Wage garnishment, Very old credit card debt 8000 Handle by…

Customer Question
Wage garnishment Lawyer's Assistant:...

Wage garnishment

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Very old credit card debt for approx 8000 Handle by zakheim for ciyibank

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/20/2016
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Can you share with me what your question is? What State do you reside in?

Zakheim of plantation fl handling for citicorp. Bottom of barrel attorney tried to contact several times in past 6 years but only wants payment info. Now has filed writ to garnish wages. I am manager at well known company worked hard to get my credit back to 700. Not sure if zakheim will actually.mive forward and don't know which route to go. Would prefer payment option outside of wage garnishment but don't trust zakheim as they will not even provide full at due
I am in florida

What happened after they got a judgment? Did they ever try and contact you?

but only wanted my ach info got very belligerent when asked that agreement outlining details be sent via email or fax. Impossible to deal with. Comments online indicate same problem with others. At this point I don't know if there would be any benefit to them to even consider agreement other than garnishment since they have already gone this far. This account was part of a bad agreement I made with travel agency partner in 2004. She filed bankruptcy and I was left with 60000 in debt which I've had to manage account one at time

Thank you and sorry for the delay. You can try and settle. For something like this, you may want to consider a lump sum payment for less then what is owed. If he is trying to collect on the debt at this point it may have been bought for less then what is owed so they could be inclined to settle with you to close this out. However you can ask for a payment plan but must get it evidenced in writing. In Florida, if you are head of household and have a family you also could be exempt from the garnishment and could contest it.

One last question I just got letter thru regular mail on Friday Feb 19 the document is dated Feb 1 if I only have 20 days I don't have any time to even do anything right?

No. It should be 20 days from when it was received / you were served. That is when the clock would run. You do have a right to be heard and contest this and/ or try and settle

I wasn't served the letter just came in mail it was mailed on Feb 16 so u think I have a week or so

Yes it would be from when it was received so you do have time to respond

Is there anything else I can answer.