I am a lna I got to be good friends with a resident. we

Customer Question
I am a lna...

I am a lna I got to be good friends with a resident. we joked around a lot and I ended up leaving. I went to another facility. got a call today from them and they said I have top be let go. it seems the other facility found a letter I wrote to my friend a week after I left and in it I said I will miss the kiss and quick feel. joking like we always did. so now they say the state is investigating this. it was given after I left we were professional the whole time I worked there. why where they going through his things anyways. what happened to privacy. now I can visit but we have to be where we are watched

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

I am trying to find one. i don't have money as now i have no job

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?

He has a guardian and i feel they are violating his privacy rights. botht the guardian and the facility. i also have to text the administrator before i go see him

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
can they stop me from going to see him??
2/20/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he has a guardian, that means he has been deemed not competent to handle his own affairs, so the court has appointed someone to watch over his affairs. This means that they can look through his things. All you can do is explain this was part of your normal joking, but they did not violate his rights in going through his things, since his guardian has such a right and can allow the facility to do so as well to assist in protecting the resident.
They are not forbidding you from going to see him, so there is no real legal claim you can make.