How to get an adult child out of your house legally in PA…

Customer Question
How to get an adult...
How to get an adult child out of your house legally in PA
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/20/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.\

Here you would give them thirty day notice to quit and file for eviction to have them removed.Any relative, guest, etc that is living in your house is a month to month tenant.

Post the notice to quit on their door, take picture to prove service.You can hand them one too.After that if they don't leave you file for eviction(forcible entry and detainer) and get them evicted.The order is served by sheriff or constable and they are removed.Once this is done they can be arrested for trespassing if they return.

Here are the notice to quit forms.

http://www.simplifyem.com/forms/pennsylvania-notice-to-vacate

Law for reference

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-evictions-work-pennsylvania.html

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this.But you can evict them here by giving notice to quit and then filing for eviction.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago

See landlord section below for court forms to file to evict..

http://www.pacourts.us/forms/for-the-public

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago

If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer