How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41516
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to get an adult child out of your house legally in PA

Customer Question

How to get an adult child out of your house legally in PA
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.\

Here you would give them thirty day notice to quit and file for eviction to have them removed.Any relative, guest, etc that is living in your house is a month to month tenant.

Post the notice to quit on their door, take picture to prove service.You can hand them one too.After that if they don't leave you file for eviction(forcible entry and detainer) and get them evicted.The order is served by sheriff or constable and they are removed.Once this is done they can be arrested for trespassing if they return.

Here are the notice to quit forms.

Law for reference

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this.But you can evict them here by giving notice to quit and then filing for eviction.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

See landlord section below for court forms to file to evict..

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Related Legal Questions