Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

We had a case where my neighbors called out my husband

Customer Question
riding a 4-wheeler, and dragged...
We had a case where my neighbors called out my husband riding a 4-wheeler, and dragged him into court for noise harassment. The judge, objected to everything my lawyer brought up, and in the end sentenced him to 60 days in jail, and because we were going for a repeal bond, he gave him a $500,000.00 bond. I had to come up with the entire amount to get him out of jail after 24 days. This was not easy. We own our own company. So, the 24 days that my husband was in the jail, I had to do his job and mine. There was really no evidence that my husband had done anything, there were never any pictures produced that showed my husband riding the 4-wheelers. Most of the time it was his nephew, that was living with us at the time. You have to understand, we have 5.28 acres, and a driveway leading up to the 5.28 acres, that is 200 yards long. So, we are buried back in a community that is only one road and two cul de sacs long. I would like an investigation into the 911 calls that were made to the call centers, when they were wasting tax payers money dialing 911, instead of using a non-emergency number. The police came to my house around 30 times, and never gave anyone a ticket, never saw my husband or me riding a 4-wheeler, and said there was nothing they could really do, but yet we got dragged into court anyway. This was a setup from the Howard County Police Department's Captain Koons with my neighbors from the beginning.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/20/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I feel my husband was set up by the police captain, the neighbors, and the judge. We finally got all the phone conversations back from the lawyer that Michael had in his first time in court and they do not prove anything.

Thank you..and I understand you are upset. But I still do not see a question...would it help to talk on the phone?

Tina, Lawyer