My issue is I have a rental judgement in the amount of 1100.

Customer Question
Hi, my name is*****...

Hi, my name is***** issue is I have a rental judgement in the amount of 1100. However, when I attempted to make payment in full the courts said that the rental management company are no longer in business. So they gave me an attorney number who was handling all of their(rental company) assets. I've contacted lawyers they no longer work with them. Who do I pay the money to? Because ultimately it's still on my credit report & public records at the courthouse

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The rental management company are no longer in business & they also don't have a designated person who are receiving their assets

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/18/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they no longer have anyone representing them, then your next step is since the court clerk will not take the money is to file a "Motion to Vacate Judgment" based on your not being able to satisfy the judgment. You would go before the judge with your proof they no longer have any agent representing them (attorney) and they are out of business and as such it is impossible to otherwise satisfy the judgment. The court can then remove the judgment from your records because of them vacating it.
Thank u, I appreciate it. That's what I will do
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney