Disability.....I am up 2 yr review with Principal Life &

Customer Question
Disability.....I am up for my...
Disability.....I am up for my 2 yr review with Principal Life & Disability and they are now going to review me to see if there is "any" occupation I can do....this sounds like a fancy way of trying to dump as fast as they can...any insights would be helpful...thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/18/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The disability insurer has a right to conduct periodic review in case the patient's condition has improved to the point where they can perform some work. So you need to get with your doctor to examine you close to the date of the review to give you a written opinion as to whether or not your condition has improved any since the last review and to explain why there are no occupations that you qualify for that you could perform. That is how you pursue these types of reviews, you need to attack them with your own treating physician's reports.
I have sent all med records in and included a letter from my doc stating "that my head and neck injuries which has added to my continued disability. It is in my best interest to continue on my disability until further notice."Is this a strong enough letter in your experience?
p.s. my Dr. is an Internist if that makes any difference...
Thank you for your reply.
No, it is pretty generic. He should have detailed your condition and how it has not changed AND why you could not engage in any other type of work you are qualified for. That letter is something akin to "Please excuse Juan from school today, he is sick. Signed Epstein's Mother." Also, you should be treated by a specialist in head and neck injuries, that is what a court would look for if you have to take the insurer to court because they want to deny further benefits. The more comprehensive your report from the proper doctor is, the better your chance of not having issues with them.