I am being charged with two counts of stalking in Wisconsin…

Customer Question
I am being charged with...
I am being charged with two counts of stalking in Wisconsin my lawyer took the first 2,000 dollars an did nothing were going back to court in April to start jury selection but I don't think he is up to the task at hand I want to let him go and find another layer is it to late and how do I go about this
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/18/2016
Lawyer: Hammer O'Justice, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Hammer O'Justice

Hello.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. At this point, there is enough time before your trial to find a new lawyer since it is over a month away. I would suggest finding a new attorney before discharging the other one, however. You don't want to get stuck without a lawyer if you fire your current before you locate another one...any lawyer is typically better than no lawyer, particularly if you are going to trial. All you really have to do is search for a new criminal lawyer. If you need help, you can use a directory like www.martindale.com to find attorneys who specialize in criminal law in your area. The new lawyer should also be able to review the retainer agreement that you signed with the current lawyer to find out what you need to do to terminate their services. Usually all you have to do is tell them they are fired and they have to turn over your file to the new lawyer, but as I said, it is definitely a good idea to line up a new lawyer first.