I have a dentist that did 2 crowns on my teeth 7mths ago and…

Customer Question
I have a dentist that...
I have a dentist that did 2 crowns on my teeth 7mths ago and both fell out 2weeks ago . and that 2weeks ago he was preparing ro do another crown and an implant on me . When i wanted for him to relace the 2 crowns that fell out his receptionist told me that i had to waite for 48hrs to talk to him and that i can go to the emergence room if i consider the issue an emergency, so i wnt to another dentist who upon doing xray and inspecting the crown told me that he used temporary cement to glue the crowns and that the 2 crowns do not fit well so she could not put them back.She advised me to go to my dentist, show him their xray, ask for a full refund then come back and have the whole crown redone. i have been asking my dentist for refund but not yet successful and hve also told him to put a stop to the implant since i do not trust his work, WHAT DO I DO. DO I HAVE A LEGAL CASE.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/18/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

You may have a claim for dental malpractice. That is when a dentist breaches his professional duty of care in the services provided to a patient. The claim is dependent on the testimony of expert witnesses who will examine you and your records and testify that, in their professional opinion, the dental care you received was substandard.

Then the remaining issue is damages to repair the shoddy work, lost wages, medicine and pain and suffering.

You would start by retaining an attorney experienced in medical and dental malpractice. They will find the dental experts to help build your case.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Are you online with me?

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.