I just received a summons in the mail that looks like a

Customer Question
I just received a...

I just received a summons in the mail that looks like a copy. It has not been signed or stamped by a court. Not sure how to take this because the company Jormandy LLC took over this debt from Santander. What should be my next step? There is not information that I should make contact with them by a certain date or anything else other than the copy of the summons. "Warrant of Debt" filed on 2/12/2016

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No i have not

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?

I just got it in the mail yesterday evening. If i could post a pic of it I would post everthing that was sent to me in the mail. Do you have that option

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/17/2016
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened. You should see a paper clip icon in the toolbar that allows you to upload photographs.

What state are you in? Was the Summons sent via certified mail or regular mail? What type of debt is this? When was the last time you made a payment on it?