How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2166
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My business partner/wife abandoned our business and emptied

Customer Question

My business partner/wife abandoned our business and emptied bank accounts associated with it. Can I close the business down legally or am I just gonna have to deal with it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This all occurred in September 2015 and now shes trying to claim shes part of the business that I have run solely and have put only my monies into keeping it goine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Is she a member of the company such as a member of the LLC or whatever your company structure is? If so, just her not actively participating does not necessarily mean she has abandoned her interest in the company. Secondly, if you opened the company after marriage, this is considered marital property regardless if she actively participates. If you like we can discuss via telephone so that I can fully understand the situation. There are additional charges however.