How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i handle this? my insurance agent told me i had the

Customer Question

How do i handle this? my insurance agent told me i had the coverage i needed for snowplowing, wrote additoinal insured forms( fause amounts) and now i have to slip and fall claims. my insurance company is fighting the claims for these two, but i just sign summons for my insurance company saying they are not denying coverage but have the right to and if so they want all fees acurred
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need to pursue your agent as well, since his failure to include proper coverage would fall under his errors and omissions policy and if he defrauded you then it would be fraud and unfair and deceptive practices and you can sue him personally for the damage you are suffering for your agent's improper handling of the policy.
You need to get your insurance company to represent you, as they are bound to do, since they are not denying coverage and then if they deny coverage you sue the agent for his conduct. If the insurance agency writes policies in PA, but your policy has a choice of jurisdiction clause claiming you have to sue them in UT is the only reason you would need a UT attorney. If they write policies in PA then you can sue them in PA otherwise and need to go to a local INSURANCE LAW attorney to pursue them if they will not defend you on these claims.