Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Im supposed to be signing a gag order tomorrow, and I did

Customer Question
not seek council. If I...
im supposed to be signing a gag order tomorrow, and I did not seek council. If I send it to you guys can you advice me if I can sign or not, I mean if I am protected as well?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
2/16/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you upload the link to the document we can review it for you. Specifically, what protection are you looking for here too, so we know what you specifically want.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, I don't trust the person at all. This whole ordeal its regarding sexual harassment at the work place. I was going to press charges, but I realize that a lot of people that I am close with will lose their job. So the person agreed to give me a monetary compensation in order to move forward. By doing so I was supposed to sign this gag order to never mention anything again. However he has been playing games with me for the past 2 weeks. Now apparently he tried to black mail me by saying that some crackhead at the job got caught forging documents and he lost his job. He claims that when I worked there I committed the same (however I am secure enough to know I am not worried about that) but I was told that after I signed the gag order that he was going to make me sign something else to give back the compensation or that he would ruin my career. Now that I found out ahead of time I confronted them and they have agreed to include in the gag order that he will not nor the employer try to tarnish my name in my industry with he or say things. Unfortunately in this business our reputation is everything
Thank you for your reply.
I understand, so you want to insert a clause in the gag order of mutual non-disparagement including waiver of any claims of anything that may have occurred prior to and up to the date of signing the agreement, meaning he could not make any claims against you for anything that allegedly occurred before the date of signing the agreement.
If you are worried and do not trust this guy, then you need to insist on inclusion of a clause saying exactly what I stated above.
If you upload the link to the document we can look at it for you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that would be great. I am waiting for them to send it to me.
That is fine. Just reply when you get it.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney