I was falsely accused of conspiracy to commit Medicaid fraud…

Customer Question
I was falsely accused of...
I was falsely accused of conspiracy to commit Medicaid fraud by the State of Georgia based on two unsigned letters. The hearings went from 09/2010 until a court date was set Jan 2014 for March 17,of 2014. The state dropped the case a week before the trial. I have been out hundreds of thousands of dollars to fight this. The state then placed me on prepayment review and even though I provided the documentation with the charges they did not pay me. I am still fighting to get this money. When I was charged in 12/2009 I spent a night in jail for the false accusations. Can I sue the state for false imprisonment, harassment and emotional damage.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
2/16/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

IF you can prove that the state knew or should have known you were innocent but prosecuted you regardless?

Then you can sue for a violation of your civil rights

This is not an easy thing to do...the state has discretion. So if they had evidence you committed a crime, they were free to bring criminal charges.

That said, if there really was no evidence...and the state knew, or reasonably should have known you were innocent but brought charges? You can sue them for a violation of your civil rights

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Thank you for your response. I will try and get more information.

welcome

P. Simmons, Attorney